Monday, January 7, 2013

Succulent Plants

Quick sketches from the wonderful succulent plant collection (link). The main problems I have with plants:



1. drawing leafs, i.e 2-d surface.  (look at the euphorbia)
2. handling plants with a lots of branches (trees i.e, but here it was the aloe eracimea)

Next time I go there, I will do more thumbnails and work on this area specifically. Here I focused too much on doing something nice to look at and didn't drew enough plants.

I definitely need to to learn a more effective way to write down the labels/titles because it's getting uglier and uglier !

3 comments:

  1. These plants look very nice! I find generalizing detail in plants to be the most challenging part of the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, Dmitri. Thanks for the kind words. ;)

    ReplyDelete